Friday, March 28, 2008

I Fly Like Paper...

For these past three months my record on a bike was 12 1/2 miles in 45 min. Today I brought that up to 17.8 miles. Big difference. Also I can defiantly feel my knee getting stronger. However, now that I’m through with the bike for today I really don’t feel like working out. Just cause I’m lazy. The only exercise I like doing is bench-press and I think that’s just because I get to lie down. I hate when I get lazy like this. I always need some kind of inspiration. So I figured I’d write a blog about getting inspired.
The following list is a list of things that inspire me. I left people off this list because there’s too many. So this list is full of “things” that inspire me.
WARNING!!! THIS LIST CONTAINS THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME AND MIGHT NOT INSPIRE YOU BUT GET YOU SCARED INSTEAD. SO EXPLORE THIS LIST AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Movies
• The Descent- Hot girls get trapped in a cave and fight cave creatures. (Inspiring!)
• Sunshine- Makes me want to be an astronaut, visit the sun, and save people.
• Touching The Void (documentary)- Your worst nightmare happens to Joe Simpson! He’s left for dead in a cave, which is located in the middle of a mountain! This is how he survived and climbed/crawled his wall out with no food or water, only a broken leg.
• Long Way Round (documentary)- Ewan McGregor and his best friend Charlie Boorman travel around the world on motorcycles.
• First Ascent (documentary)- The director travels around the world looking for the best boulderers and rock/mountain climbers to find their own first ascents.
• And pretty much anything else on the National Geographic and Travel Channels.
• …WARNING! Do not watch Vertical Limit! Horrible movie. But that’s what got me interested in rock climbing. Vertical Limit and the opening scene in Mission Impossible 2 where Tom Cruise free climbs a huge freakin’ wall!

Books
• Jupiter’s Travels by Ted Simon- The ultimate travel guide to the world. Although he took his four year journey back in the 70’s, people haven’t changed.
• Long Way Round by Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman- If you liked the film and Jupiter’s Travels you’ll love this book.
• Dispatches From The Edge by Anderson Cooper- This man’s entire life is devoted to telling the stories that America never hears.
• God Grew Tired of Us by John Bul Dau- The true story of one of the Lost Boys of Sudan and how he made it to America.
• Notes from My Travels by Angelina Jolie- Basically a diary of her trips to Africa, Cambodia, Pakistan and Ecuador.

Climbing Music
• Lonely Soul by UNKLE
• We Can’t Wait Any Longer by Michael W. Smith
• Laugh, I Nearly Died by The Rolling Stones
• Mass Destruction ((P*Nut & Sister Bliss Mix)) by Faithless
• I Have A Dream by Common ft. Will I Am
• KOYAANISQATSI by Philip Glass
• Metamorphosis Five (Philip Glass cover) by Aleck Karis
• …too many songs to name. But anything by Delerium, Bonobo, B-Tribe, Cat Empire, Baul Dimension, Mogwai, Nina Simone (dope), Thievery Corp., Trans-Global Underground and Quantic.
• Paper Planes by M.I.A. was one of the last songs the DJ played at the Lime light on the night of my birthday. Now it’s been stuck in my head for over a week.

Well…now it’s time to go work out.

No comments: